Rates and Insurance
There are two ways to pay for therapy services, using Medical Insurance or Private Pay.
At this time, we are unable to take Medicaid. Below is a list of healthcare insurances we are currently taking. If we do not have your insurance but your healthcare insurance allows mental health coverage through Out-Of-Network, it is possible for you to file for reimbursement after services. Please consult our FAQ section.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (BCBSTX)
|Individual Session (60 min)
|Initial Session Assessment Intake (75 min)
|Family or Couples Therapy (60 min)
|Group Therapy (60 min)
$60 per attendee
Debit or Credit Cards are accepted for payment. When scheduling an appointment, credit card information will be required to reserve your appointment. You will not be charged until the day of the session. For the 15-minute initial client consultation, you will be asked to enter a credit/debt card, but you will NOT be charged for the initial session. Payment is due at the beginning of each session. We require all clients to keep a credit card that is not an HSA or FSA on file in the event that there is a no-show or late cancellation. It is our policy that cancellations and re-scheduled sessions are subject to a full session charge if NOT RECEIVED AT LEAST 24 HOURS IN ADVANCE. This is necessary because a time commitment is made between your therapist and you; this time is, therefore, held exclusively for you. If you are late for a session, you will lose some of your scheduled session time; please arrive early.
* We believe that every individual should have equal access to mental healthcare regardless of background or financial circumstances. We may be able to offer a Sliding Scale rate to those who qualify. Please inquire with your therapist.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I make an appointment?
The best way to schedule an appointment is to visit the secure online client portal. You can also call or email. If we are in session, please leave a message and we will return your phone call, or email – usually on the same day. You will then receive a confirmation email, which will have a link for you to conveniently complete your intake paperwork prior to your session. We will have a chance to review this information prior to you coming into your session.
What is the purpose of the 15-minute free no obligation consultation?
Some people may be initially hesitant to reach out to a stranger for counseling. That is completely understandable. The consultation (typically via secure videoconferencing) provides an easier opportunity for you to get acquainted with your therapist and ask any questions you may have before making the decision to begin counseling. It is a great ice breaker to help you get comfortable the counseling process!
How long are the sessions?
Most sessions are 60 minutes. Longer sessions for any client are available if necessary or desired. As an example, some clients come for 1.5 hour and 2 hour sessions. Group and Family sessions always benefit from being longer than 1 hour if possible while children and adolescents may work better with no more than 1 hour sessions.
What forms of payment do you accept?
Payment is accepted in the form of credit or debit card, and many HSA cards (for therapy sessions only). Fees are due at the time of service. A credit card that is not an HSA or FSA is required to be on file in the event that there is a no-show or late cancellation.
What should I consider before using healthcare insurance?
Prior to using your healthcare insurance, please consider the following:
- All insurance companies require a mental disorder diagnosis. We must provide an accurate diagnosis to comply with their rules. No law absolutely requires a mental disorder diagnosis during the course of psychotherapy – it’s a requirement set by insurance companies.
- Your insurance company may request a copy of the session notes.
- Your insurance company may decline your request for reimbursement and you will be financially responsible for denied claims.
- Private Insurance companies are businesses first. They operate to make a profit and force themselves between you and your medical provider. Insurance companies may dictate the number of sessions allowed and even the length of the individual sessions. These constraints (caps on coverage) may impede our ability to achieve any meaningful goals you have for therapy.
- Anyone who comes in contact with your personal health information in the chain of insurance processing has complete access to it.
You must research to determine if your policy covers mental health. We have provided the service CPT codes in our fee structure that you can use to help research. Please note that paying out of pocket (Private Pay) means that your therapy experience is more private – none of your records, diagnostic information, or authorization for services must go through insurance.
My healthcare insurance covers mental health therapy, how can I seek reimbursement?
At this time, we are currently working on adding more healthcare insurance panels on your behalf. Until then, if you would like to use your healthcare insurance, please check with your provider to see if your coverage includes Out of Network (OON) benefits. If you have that coverage, we can provide you with a monthly “SuperBill” which you will then need to send to your provider for reimbursement.
Find Peace For the Heart Counseling
Monday thru Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm
Peace For The Heart Counseling, PLLC is a counseling firm based in San Antonio, Texas providing individual counseling, family counseling and group counseling. Serving San Antonio and surrounding area including: Alamo Heights, Boerne, Castle Hills, Cibolo, Converse, Fair Oaks Ranch, Garden Ridge, Helotes, New Braunfels, Schertz, Selma, Shavano Park, Terrell Hills, Timberwood Park, Universal City, and Windcrest.